Thursday, June 10, 2010

The story of ME!


I am joining Janna at Mommy's Piggy Tales to record my youth. This will be the first of 15 series, every Thurs, that I will be recording. The first is the story of me.

My mom went into her 38 week appointment a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I was due to be born around Christmas time. Everything was looking good. Doctor said I wasn't going to be coming anytime soon. My mom was glad because her doctor was going to be on vacation the following day for 2 weeks. Thanksgiving came and went. And the next day my mom awoke to what felt like a tickle in her stomach. Yes, a tickle is what I said! She tells me now that it just felt like I was tickeling her tummy. Like I was saying let me out I want to play. I personally think she is remembering wrong...especially after having three children of my own. Thinking that this could be it, my dad and her went to the hospital and after a few hours I was born at 6:37 am. 7 lbs 11 oz. and a lot of dark blk hair. After being told I was a girl the first thing my mom said is "Is it really , are you sure?" (This is because I have two older brothers.) My dad said, "yes it's a girl. Good." He probably said this knowing my mom wanted a girl and if I had not been a girl would have wanted to keep trying.
But there was not much fanfare or complications. Mom said that if all of her pregnancy were this easy she would have more kids. (I am the 3rd and the last.)
So after such and intense labor they off course had to name me. Some names my parents almost called me were: Danelle or JanaLee. But, Danelle was too close to Daniel, which is my oldest brothers name and JanaLee was a combination of Jan (my mom) and Harlie (my dad). So the settled on Nicolle, which my mom suggested. I am named for myself. My middle name (Laurie) although, is named after my grandma Lauretta Laurie.


Me, My Grandma Lauretta, my first born Keira and my mom Jan

6 comments:

Denise said...

I wish my labors had felt like tickling!

Pepper said...

I love that, a tickle. That's funny that they didn't end up with either name they were thinking, but that seems to happen a lot. It's hard deciding on a name!

Unknown said...

I was forutnate and only felt the peaks of my contractions, but I wouldn't call that a tickle!! :D Your mom must have had things down pat by the time you arrived. Thanks for sharing - look forward to learning more about you over the coming weeks!
amber :)

Janna said...

Oh my, if only we could all feel a tickle:)

I also can't help noticing how much your Kenzie looks like your baby picture! I'm so glad your mom got her girl. I love having a daughter.

Oh, also when you link up next week, click the title of your post and copy and paste it into the linky list of your group. If you just put in the general address to your blog people will have a harder time finding it.

Have a great week!

Kristina said...

Hi Nicolle!
I like that your parents spelled your name with 2 "l"'s. Maybe they carried that over from the Danelle? Anyhow...how wonderful to be named for your grandmother!
Sometimes I wish I had been named "after" someone, and then I remember that my grandmother's name is Lorna....and I am happy I wasn't :-)
I am excited to read your upcoming posts!

K.M.L said...

Thanks for sharing a great story! :)