Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cringing Moments

I am joining Janna at Mommy's Piggy Tales to record my youth. This is the 3rd of 15 series, every Thurs, that I will be recording. The third story is about 1st grade.

My mind has been reeling over this one for, well, a day. I have not been able to think of anything for 1st grade. Well at least no memory that is blissful or fun! Just a memory of (cringe) the time I got caught cheating on a math test (because 1st grade math is tough you know). Which incidentally, sticks out very well. I remember we sat in desks of 4 that all faced each other. You could easily look up and see the papers in front of you. Everyone at my table was doing it.
My conscience was screaming at me "NO, don't do it." But I succumbed and did it, and then got caught. Peer pressure is something awful and the principals office is not a fun place to be! But, who in their right mind would want to share that and have this stigma attached to them. So instead, I'll just say I can't think of a thing about the 1st grade or of being 6!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Well thanks for sharing your memory...I promise I won't hold it against you or tell anyone of your 1st grade opps! ;)

berrypatch said...

LOL
I was getting desperate myself about what memory to share so I started digging through my files of memorabilia and photos. That's when I found the hospital bill for my T&A when I was six. Silly me. It's a huge memory. No idea how I had "forgotten" it. :-)

Unknown said...

2nd grade i think and i stole wintergreen candies... and had to return them to the general store.. I was mortified....a

Dana said...

Only one memory from first grade? Sorry it's not a pleasant one. I thought of a few ... maybe I'll do a blog about it too so I don't forget.